How do I catch the flu?
Flu viruses are spread through human contact, just like the cold virus. It is also spread through the air by coughing or sneezing, therefore it may be easier to catch than a cold.
What can I do to stay healthy?
There are several actions that you can take to ensure your, and everyone else's, health this flu season:
- Get your flu shot
- Wash your hands often
- Use hand sanitizers
- Maintain distance of 3' when in gatherings
- Use tissues and dispose or cough and sneeze into your sleeve
- Stay home when sick
When should I seek health care?
There are general recommendations to follow when considering seeking health care:
- High fever lasting 3 days
- Severe headache, especially associated with neck stiffness
- Wheezing, or difficulty breathing
- Sinus or ear pain
- Painful swelling in the neck
- Symptoms or fatigue that does not improve after 7 days
What is the tribe doing?
The tribe has taken proactive measures to prevent the spread of flu viruses. In protecting children, the education and transportation departments, have initiated increased cleaning and sanitizing programs that include education on proper hand washing and the importance of covering coughs. All other departments have increased access to hand sanitizers and the facilities maintenance department has increased sanitization efforts in common areas.